My Photos

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Awesome Clear Scalloped Square Die

Do you remember that I told you I had a Christmas project to share with you that I did before Christmas? I know that Christmas is over, but this would be a great project to make in preparation for next Christmas and would make great stocking stuffers or little gifts you can give out to co-workers, neighbors, friends, family, the babysitter... well, you get the idea :-D. When I saw the 'Clear Scalloped Square' Bigz die in my Stampin' Up! Idea Book and Catalog, my first thought was, "Wow! That would make a GREAT little scrapbook!" Instead of scrounging around for coasters from restaurant to restaurant [although I do know a very nice restaurant owner who is happy to supply me with all the coasters I want- some of us are not so fortunate :-)] and how nice would it be to have an endless supply whenever you need one? Plus, these have scalloped edges to make them pretty :-D.

Although I have had my Scalloped Square die for a while, it took me a bit of time to get around to making my first little scrapbook with it. Are you ready to see it? You are? Viola! Here it is!

Because it is a Bigz die you can die cut through chipboard. It just happens that Stampin' Up chipboard is 'acid free'. I don't know about your area, but in my area it is impossible to find acid free chipboard. If you want your little scrapbook to last a long time you want to use acid free products. For my covers I used 'Bella Bleu' Designer Series Paper, the 'Delightful Decorations' stamp set and the new Ornament punch- both stamp set and punch from the Holiday 2009 mini. I stamped the ornament image with Versamark on Ballet Blue card stock and heat embossed with 'Iridecent Ice' embossing powder. Matted the punched out ornament on Very Vanilla embossed with the 'Petals a Plenty' embossing folder and matted again on Ballet Blue.

The inside pages of my book were die cut again with the Scalloped Square die from Very Vanilla card stock. You can die cut several pages at once with a Bigz die so it goes quick. My book has ten pages in it. I added journaling lines on Very Vanilla with my Ballet Blue Stampin' Write marker and matted my journaling blocks on Ballet Blue. I repeated this throughout my scrapbook, repeating the same three designs for the journaling blocks and leaving a matted square on the opposite page for a photo. When I was done with my pages I punched and bound them with my Bind it All.

Pages 1 & 2

Pages 3 & 4

Pages 5 & 6
I hope you can see the possibilities for great little scrapbooks with the Scalloped Square die :-). I am so glad that I bought it! It will get lots of use around here, lol! Have a wonderful day!

Blessings!
Barb

Supplies:
Stamps: To You and Yours (retired), Delightful Decorations ( Holiday mini 2009)
Paper: Bella Bleu
Card Stock: Ballet Blue, Very Vanilla
Stampin' Up Classic Ink: Ballet Blue
Punches: Ornament (Holiday mini 2009), Modern Label, Word Window, 3/4" Circle
Dies: Merry Details (little bird- Holiday mini 2009)
Other: Iridescent Ice, gold embossing powder, Bind it All machine

1 comment:

Kim Jenkins said...

Very cute. I love the BIA and I have been wanting to make one of these scrapbooks myself. Maybe this will nudge me.