My Photos

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Beautiful Wings Butterflies

This card is one that I made for one of my aunts. Her birthday is today, so can you guess? Yep, this is her birthday card! I started out with a Certainly Celery base for my card and added a layer of Barely Banana. I embossed Very Vanilla in my Big Shot and inked my piece with a sponge dauber. I used Pretty in Pink for the flowers and used my Barely Banana marker to do the centers. Sponge daubered on some Old Olive for the swirls and leaves, Barely Banana for the background behind the flowers. I used a scallop circle punch out as a mask to create the soft clouds with Bashful Blue ink and my sponge dauber. I finished it off with three of the Beautiful Wings embosslit butterflies available now in the Occasions Mini. This was a really easy and quick card to make. It took me about 15 minutes from start to finish, so a great card to whip out when you need one fast.

Did I mention that our ducks have created a nest? We have two females and one male so we are hoping for baby quackers soon. They have been faithfully tending their nest so we will see. If we end up with some little quackers, I'll be sure to get some photos and post them so you can see how cute they are :-). Have a great day everyone! I'll be posting an Easter Basket tomorrow that I made a couple of days ago with the Scallop Envelope die. And you thought it was just for envelopes ;-)

Blessings!
Barb

Supplies:
Paper: Certainly Celery- 105125, Barely Banana- 102701, Almost Amethyst- 102158, Very Vanilla- 101650
Ink: (All Classic Stampin' Ink) Pretty in Pink- 101301, Old Olive- 102277, Barely Banana- 101170, Bashful Blue- 105209
Dies: Beautiful Wings- 118138
Punches: Scallop Circle- 109043
Other: Elegant Bouquet embossing folder- 115964, sponge daubers- 102892, Lavender Stickles

No comments: