My Photos

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I'm Back

Whoo hoo! After a week long sewing marathon, I can play with paper again ;-). I did get 'a skate dress a day' (yes, you read that correctly- one skate dress each day-except for one day, but I made up for it) done last week, I sewed 'two' skate dresses on the last day. And, I got the black velvet one done too! As much as I enjoyed sewing skate dresses, I missed my paper and ink. I did, however, take a tiny break in the middle of the week to make a card :-D, but just today have the time to get it posted. Soooo, here it is.........

Check out that new embossing folder- isn't it cool? It looks like textured fabric to me. That new Textured Impressions embossing folder is called 'Square Lattice' and it's in the Summer Mini that starts on May 1st. I also used the Two Step Bird punch that is available in the current Occasions Mini that ends on April 30th. If you look at the daisy, you can see that I used the bird wings for the leaves behind the flower. Ya' gotta love punches- most of them have more than one use :-). The sentiment is stamped three times. I always stamp in the middle first and then align my stamp to the right or the left with my Stamp-a-ma-jig to get equal distance on either side.

My daughter likes this card and it will most likely end up in her card stash. She collects the cards that I make that she loves and adds them to a card stash she started a couple of years ago. All right then, I am going to head to my crafting room and pull out some pretty paper to play with ;-). See ya' tomorrow! Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

Blessings!
Barb

Supplies:
Stamps: Something Sweet-118589 (wood mount-117688)
Paper: Pretty in Pink-100459, Certainly Celery- 105125, So Saffron-105118, Almost Amethyst-102158, Old Olive-100702, Whisper White-100730, Tea Party Designer Series Paper-113992
Classic Stampin' Ink: So Saffron-105213, Almost Amethyst-101723
Dies: Daisies #2-114520
Punches: Two Step Bird-117191, Scallop Edge-112091
Textured Impressions embossing folder: Square Lattice-119976 (available May 1st)

1 comment:

Kim Jenkins said...

Very, Very pretty, I love it. It is so "springy". Are you going to let us see your skate dresses?

Kim