My Photos

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Masculine (?) Happy Birthday

My new son- in- law has a birthday tomorrow, so this card is in the mail on the way to him now. I kept it really simple because apparently the men in my family don't like a lot of 'fancy' stuff. I once made my husband a card that I thought was quite masculine, which I asked him if it was a good guy card, but he informed me it was a little bit 'girly' (sigh). Don't get me wrong- he liked the card and he really does like even the 'girly' cards that I make. He was just giving me his opinion :-). Everyone else that I showed it to thought it was masculine and to this day I still don't know what on the card made it a little bit girly. Maybe it was the tire swing in the tree, who knows. So hopefully, this one counts as a masculine card and doesn't have anything that could be considered 'girly', lol! What do you think- girly or masculine?

I colored the stamped tree image with my Stampin' Pastels because I wanted it to look soft, (uh oh! Does that make it girly?) and not really bright. I love this tree image and I wanted it to convey the feeling of a peaceful, summer day and I just thought that soft was the way to go :-). Well, at least I know my son-in-law appreciates and likes the cards that I make for him, even if this one might be a little 'girly'. Really, the ONLY thing that I would think would make this card a little girly is the Designer Series Paper I used, but as I mentioned, once before I thought I had accomplished a good masculine card, only to find out differently. I am such a girl (rolling eyes), lol! Have a great day today and thanks for stopping by!

Blessings!
Barb

Supplies:
Stamps: Lovely As a Tree- 115026, Teeny Tiny Wishes- 115370
Paper: Rich Razzleberry- 115316, Old Olive-100702, Whisper White- 100730, Cottage Wall Designer Series Paper- 115671
Classic Stampin' Ink: Old Olive- 102277, Chocolate Chip- 100908
Stampin' Pastels: 105542- Bashful Blue, Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss
Punches: Tag Corner-107215, Modern Label- 116630, Word Window- 105090

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great "guy" card.
TFS
Donna