My Photos

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Dasher Stamped Candle

I'm feeling better today- so far :-), so I got some photos this morning. I've been working on things for my daughter's skate team Christmas Show raffle. The raffle helps to raise money for the team. I'm showing this kind of backwards today :D. I sewed a bag for the candle on my serger using sparkle tulle that comes on a roll. I topped it with a tag, a poinsettia flower, and tied it with gold crochet thread. The flower is punched from the 5 Petal Flower punch and the petals are curled under slightly with a chop stick. I added a star shaped gold brad to the center and an Old Olive holly leaves die cut (holly leaves not Stampin' Up!).
I LOVE the Dasher stamp!! He is the most elegant reindeer stamp I think I've ever seen. I stamped him on white tissue paper with Cherry Cobbler Classic Stampin' Ink and cut him out close to the image. I placed him on the candle where I wanted him to be and covered him with a sheet of waxed paper. Holding the waxed paper tight and smooth over the image on the candle, I used my heat tool to melt the image and tissue paper into the candle. This takes literally seconds, so if you try this be careful that you don't melt a hole into your candle. Be sure to keep the heat tool moving quickly over the image.

I finished him off by stamping my sentiment on another piece of tissue paper and repeating the process outlined above. I also added some red stick on rhinestones to his antlers. The gold base that my candle is standing on was made with mat board, gold metallic card stock, the Scalloped Circle die, and my Big Shot. These make quick and inexpensive, but lovely gifts, for just about anyone on your shopping list. My tall pillar candles cost about $3.00 each, but if you were to buy a candle with an image on it in the store, you would pay about $10.00 - $12.00 each. Have a wonderful day today!!!

Blessings!
Barb

Supplies:
Stamps: Dasher- 116816, Many Merry Messages- 116586
Classic Stampin' Ink: Cherry Cobbler- 119669
Punches: Extra Large Tag- 119866, 5 Petal Flower- 119880
Dies: Scallop Circle- 113468

1 comment:

Atty said...

hahaha, I just posted to your other candle and made a comment about stamped images on the candle. Must say this one is pretty too but like the other better.
hope you're feeling better.