My Photos

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

York Peppermint Patty Treats

I think there were many of us papercrafters who were really disappointed when The Hershey Company changed the packaging for York Peppermint Patties. We had this lovely little round peppermint patty covered in a 'fitted' foil wrapper that could be covered with a stamped Scalloped Circle punch for any holiday. I know that there is another company who is sticking with the fitted foil wrapper, but in my opinion, they just don't taste as good as a York (sorry other company) :D. Scallop Envelope die to the rescue!!!! I die cut two Scallop Envelopes in Pink Pirouette and trimmed the very bottom flap of the envelope so that the flap was 1/2" long. Punch a shape out of the top of the envelope for a little handle and glue the sides and the bottoms- viola! It holds two York Peppermint Patties in their 'new' packaging perfectly!


I'll be making these for my daughter to give out to her team mates this year. So glad they don't read my blog :D. Have a great day!!!!

Blessings!
Barb

Supplies:
Card Stock: Pink Pirouette-111351, Very Vanilla-101650
Classic Stampin' Ink: Real Red-103133
Punches: Word Window-119857
Dies: Northern Frost-120901
Other: gold brad-104337

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cute! Great idea for packaging the new style mints. I'm sure your daughter's team mates loved them!