My Photos

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

MIA

I've been missing in action from my scrapping room, but with good reason. One of my older daughters fell on Monday morning from a slip on ice and broke her ankle and leg. The three major bones that hold your foot to your leg- she broke all three of them. On Tuesday she had surgery to put in plates and screws to repair the bones. Needless to say, we have spent a great deal of time in the hospital for the last two days. She is not going to be able to put any weight on her newly repaired bones for a while so they have time to heal. She has a minimum of eight weeks of recovery time ahead of her. She is staying here with us and will go back home as soon as she feels up to it. I am so thankful that she lives only 15 minutes away and that I was able to get to her and take her to the hospital in a short amount of time. I will be taking care of my daughter and making sure that my skater girl gets to practice, so I may or may not get time to post much. I know I am very tired after two days of the hospital and not getting much sleep between the 33 hours she actually broke her bones to the time they were repaired. What is it about waiting in hospitals that makes one so weary? All you do is basically sit around and wait. I am up now at 2:19 a.m. to make sure she gets her pain medication in a few minutes when she is supposed to take it. After the pain that I saw my baby in for those 33 hours I do not want to let her get behind in pain medication. I am very thankful that she is feeling much better after her surgery. There is nothing that tears at a mother's heart more than not being able to fix something that hurts our children. Your prayers for her complete and speedy recovery will be greatly appreciated!! I hope you will stick with me while I am taking care of my daughter and my grandson and check back. I'm sure I will need to take a creative break :D. Wishing you all a wonderfully blessed day!

Blessings!
Barb

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Barb, Prayers for your daughter, you and your family. It is a blessing to be a Stampin' Up Demonstrator as it's okay to take time for you and your family. I wish a speedy recovery!

Atty said...

So sorry to hear about this. Glad to hear she is recovering. Will be a long road. Try to get some rest. (yeah right). Prayers heading your way for you and the family.
hugs
Donna

Amanda Mertz said...

So sorry to hear about your daughter's accident Barb! I'll be praying for a speedy & full recovery. Take Care!

Kim Jenkins said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter, i hope she heals quickly. I certainly understand what you are going through - sitting in a hospital doing nothing is absolutely exhausting. I haven't been posting much either as I am trying to help out my pregnant daughter who is on bedrest. Don't forget to take care of yourself while you are taking care of everyone else. I will be praying for your family.

Kim

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter! I hope that she had a speedy recovery!

Lois said...

Barb, hope your daughter is doing well. Pain isn't fun at all. I hope she has a fast recovery and you get some sleep.