My Photos

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Stampin' Celebration Challenge #47


I was invited to be a Party Guest Designer at Stampin' Celebration this week. The photo above is the inspiration photo for this week's challenge. I actually made two cards for the challenge this week, so I will post my second one tomorrow. I've really enjoyed participating in the Stampin' Celebration challenges. There are so many fun elements to choose from in the inspiration photos :-). If you haven't participated in the Stampin' Celebration challenges yet, you should pop on over there and get started :-D.

For my card, I loved all the yellows in the inspiration photo, so I chose yellow as my base color. I chose to use the blue and white wallpaper in the inspiration photo for my background. I cut strips of Marina Mist and adhered them to Very Vanilla. As you can see in my photo, I also embossed the background with the Square Lattice embossing folder. Since there a few circle shapes in the inspiration photo, I chose to use a circle as my focal point. I added leaves and purple flowers, which you'll see around the bottom of the cake in the inspiration photo.
I matted Very Vanilla on Marina Mist and continued with the flowers and the leaves on the inside of my card.
Thank you so much to the Design Team at Stampin' Celebration for inviting me to be a Party Guest Designer this week! It was so much fun!!!! 

Blessings!
Barb

Supplies:
Paper:
Daffodil Delight-119683, Very Vanilla-101650, Marina Mist-119682, Pear Pizzazz-119795, Perfect Plum-101889
Stamps: Sense of Time-113804
Classic Stampin' Ink: Marina Mist-119668
Punches: Boho Blossoms-119858, 1/4" circle 
Dies: Little Leaves-114511
Textured Impressions Embossing Folder: Square Lattice-119976
Other: Fold-it- Bows Template (non-Stampin' Up!)

5 comments:

Atty said...

Very, very nice. And still love that bow, :) The colors you used are great together. TFS
hugs

Amanda Mertz said...

Love the embossed strips on the background. Great job on the challenge! TFS!

Rochelle said...

Beautiful card Barb! I like how you interpreted the inspiration pictures this week! And I LOVE your bow!! Congrats on being a Party Guest!

Kim Jenkins said...

This is so pretty, I've been looking at all your projects again. I'm going to convention this year and have signed up for a couple of swaps and I knew I could find lots of inspiration here.

Thanks for sharing,
Kim

Unknown said...

Very pretty! I love your take on the inspiration piece and the sentiment you chose. So excited to have you as a Party Guest at Stampin' Celebration!