My Photos

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sewing Update

I'm still at it :-(. I'm expecting a delivery of Royal Blue velvet today along with Royal Blue mesh. Why you ask? Because I botched the first two that I sewed- long story- and I had to order more fabric from New York and do two day air delivery. As soon as that gets here today, hopefully, it will be this morning rather than late this afternoon, I have to cut out the dress pieces and start sewing. My daughter's Figures dress is the Royal Blue one and I have to have it completely sewn by the end of today. Tomorrow I have to glue hundreds of Swarovski rhinestones on it- one by one. I ran to Hobby Lobby yesterday and  purchased two more bottles of Gem Tack glue by Beacon (used for gluing on the rhinestones). I was paranoid about running out of glue right in the middle of stoning the dresses (sigh- yep, it's getting to me). On a positive note, I just finished gluing on the last rhinestone on her Creative Solo dress about 20 minutes ago. I just have to wait for the glue to finish drying and then I can hang that dress to let the glue cure for 24 hours. Then it goes into the garment cover to protect it. In case you are wondering how many stones I hand glued onto her Creative Solo dress, the final count is over 1,100. Uh huh, you read that correctly... over one thousand rhinestones on one dress. It adds quite a bit of heft to the weight of the dress, which is funny because the stones by themselves aren't all that heavy. I'm not sure yet how many stones will end up on the Figures dress, but at least 3 gross will. I'll let you know the final count when I finish it :-).

I've gotten several comments asking for pictures of the dresses. That is so sweet of you all to ask :-). I promised my daughter that her new dresses will remain under wrap until she debuts them at her next Meet, but I will post photos after that. I even have a nifty dress form sized to my daughter that I can put them on for photos :-D. Let me tell you that the dress form I purchased was a great investment! Who knew? It has been indispensable during the sewing process for fitting, figuring out how much elastic, etc. How did I sew all this time without one, lol?! All right, I've got to run and do some housework before the fabric gets here. The place is a wreck! There are pattern pieces and fabric and elastic and rulers and tons of other sewing stuff all over my dining room table. I can hardly see the tablecloth underneath it all! It won't be long now before I'm back. I cannot wait to get my hands on ink, card stock, and stamps again!!!!!! Have a great day and a great week everyone!!! Thanks for your patience while I'm sewing!

Hugs and Blessings!
Barb

No comments: