My Photos

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Make Your Own Stamps :)

After adding the labels to one of my clear mount stamp sets, I had a big chunk of blank rubber left over. I was looking at it and thinking it was such a shame to waste that big chunk of rubber, lol! So I die cut the chunk of rubber with my Big Shot and my Stocking Accents die :D. The background paper you see on the card below was stamped with my new die cut stamps, except for the stars. Pretty nifty, huh? After I stamped the background, I ran the card stock through my Big Shot in the Square Lattice embossing folder to add some texture. I also ran my Cherry Cobbler faux ribbon (card stock) through my Big Shot in the Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder. This was a really quick card to make!

 On the inside, I added my sentiment (retired stamp set) in Cherry Cobbler, and die cut the holly leaves from Wild Wasabi and added a little punched heart in Cherry Cobbler- done!
Wishing you a wonderful day today!

Blessings!
Barb

Supplies:
Paper: Cherry Cobbler textured, Very Vanilla, Wild Wasabi
Classic Stampin' Ink: Wild Wasabi, Cherry Cobbler, More Mustard
Stamps: Perfect Punches, my own stamps made with the Stocking Accents die :D, inside sentiment (retired set)
Punches: 1 3/8" Circle, 1 3/4" Scallop Circle, Small Heart
Dies: Stocking Accents
Other: Square Lattice embossing folder, Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder

3 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

so cute! And what a great idea for using up that leftover rubber. The holly is too cute! TFS!

Atty said...

Wow you've been busy. Love all the things you've posted. Just to dang cute. TFS
hugs

Lois said...

how clever to use lrg pcs of rubber to make your own stamp! Love the idea and love your card too. TFS