My Photos

Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Bird

I was going over some sketches that I keep in my sketch book and found this one. I liked the layout of it and thought it was the perfect sketch for combining different embossing folders. On this card I used the new Snow Burst folder and Northern Flurry. On the upper left corner I embossed just a couple of snowflakes from Northern Flurry and then on the lower right side, I used Snow Burst. 
 I made a little pine cone to tuck under my paper bow, along with some pine greenery. The paper bow is made from a piece of Frostwood Lodge DSP. LOVE that Designer Series Paper!!!! I added some Dazzling Details for the glittery snow on the pine branches and the pine cone.
 My buttons are made with the 3/4" Circle punch and the Boho Blossoms punch. Just punch out a circle and a blossom, layer, and punch the button holes. I use a clear button that I die cut from my Buttons #5 Sizzlet. I lay my button hole template on my circle or flower, center it, mark the holes and punch with a 1/16" circle punch.
 On the inside, I added a couple of patches of 'flannel' paper from Frostwood Lodge. I punched them with the postage stamp punch and added another button that I made with punches.
 The Marina Mist button below looks like the center is layered on top in the photo (just noticed that), but it's not. I punched a 1/2" circle and then centered it in my 3/4" Circle punch and punched. I punched a whole 3/4" circle and inked up the inside edges of the 1/2" circle. Adhered the two circles together and inked around the edges of the button again with Marina Mist. The Cherry Cobbler button is die cut from Buttons #5.
Have a wonderful day today and thanks for visiting me here!!

Blessings!
Barb

Supplies:
Paper: Marina Mist, Whisper White, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Chocolate Chip, Frostwood Lodge Designer Series Paper
Stamps: 
Classic Stampin' Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Marina Mist, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White (Craft Ink)
Punches: Scalloped Oval, Builder Bird, 3/4" Circle, 1/2" Circle, Boho Blossoms, Postage Stamp
Dies: Buttons #5
Other: Northern Frost and Snow Burst embossing folders, Stampin' Dimensionals, Dazzling Details glitter glue, white crochet thread, white gel pen


2 comments:

Kym said...

Very cute! I love how you did the bow and used plaid for the bird's wing.

Anonymous said...

Barb! This is awesome! I love it!!!! See you haven't been posting. I hope all is well. . . .