My Photos

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Miss You...

Last night we went to our grandson's 10th birthday party- wow, where did that time go to?! Although it was a happy occasion, my daughter Sarah was missing from the party :(. She moved to Texas two years ago when her husband came home from Iraq and they decided to stay. So, they don't get home often and family celebrations and holidays just aren't the same without them there. I made this card this morning to send to her to let her know how much I miss her. I used a SCS color challenge on my card- Pool Party, Poppy Parade, and Daffodil Delight with a touch of ribbon.
I inked up my embossing folder with Pool Party ink before inserting my card stock into the folder and ran it through my Big Shot. As you can see, this transfers the ink only on the parts of the folder that are not raised. This is not a new technique and has been around for a few years. There are some Christmas cards on my blog that used this technique. Depending on the embossing folder design, you can get some very pretty looks with this technique.
I kept the inside very simple, but adding a Pool Party mat and a few punched corners adds a little bit more interest to the inside of the card. 

On another note, when I woke up this morning, (very groggy to say the least, lol!) my husband said, "you have to get your camera and take pictures!" I looked out the window to see what had him so excited about my camera and I immediately got my camera and went outside in my pajamas. There is nothing like early morning on a farm, nothing. Everything is bathed in golden early morning sunlight as the sun starts its ascent in the sky. This morning though, we were treated to not only the golden sunlight, but the morning mist as well. Here are a couple of my favorite photos from my morning venture. I came into the house with cold wet feet from the dew, but it was worth it :).
The Horse Barn

Golden Sun Rays

The Garden Gate
As I type, the windows are open, the sweet, fresh air is flowing through the house, the sun is shining, the sky is a perfect blue, and I can hear the hens out in the yard squawking at each other. It doesn't get any better... :)

PS- when I was taking pictures of my card this morning, I kept seeing an orange paw pop up in the corner of my lens. Our cat, Dooberoo, decided he needed to help, lol! You can see the card in the upper left corner. Ya' gotta love kitties!

Blessings!
Barb

Whisper White card stock
Daffodil Delight, Poppy Parade, Pool Party, Chocolate Chip Classic Stampin' Ink
Up, Up & Away stamp set
Framed Tulips embossing folder
1" and 1 1/4" circle punches
Daffodil Delight 1/4" grosgrain ribbon

2 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

I love everything about your post Barb! Your card is super sweet...I have those challenge colors set aside to make a card with too! And your photos are just stunning! You captured such a beautiful morning! I envy the fact that you get to experience sights like this on a regular basis! TFS!

Wanda Williams said...

I love your card and especially love the photos! How lucky you are to have such pretty scenery outside your window! Can't wait to try your card. I love folks who can think outside the box. Sometimes I don't think I even HAVE a box to think outside of!!! HAHAHA